GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY
When couples enter the therapy office, they sting with pain and despair. They look to the clinician to referee chronic conflicts, fix their conflicts, and rebuild burned bridges. Now, based on Dr John Gottman’s 40 years of compelling research with over 3,000 couples, there’s a practical and highly effective approach to guiding couples across the chasm that divides them.
In this workshop, you will be provided with a research-based roadmap for helping couples compassionately manage their conflicts, deepen their friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams.
Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy to help couples strengthen:
- The Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems, and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- The Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
This training is held over Zoom with a trainer conducting the course in real time.
Access online training videos by Drs John & Julie Gottman and digital manual(s), which you can retain and review at your own pace.
Attain a Level 1 certificate of completion from The Gottman Institute once you complete the required assessment of knowledge at the end of each level.
Meet, learn, and share experiences with other like-minded professionals.
In this three-day workshop, clinicians will learn:
- Research-based assessments to help understand couples’ struggles
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage and process their conflicts
- Skills that empower couples to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
- Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimise relapse
Who Should Attend
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couple therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
EMCC is The Gottman Institute’s official partner in Singapore and has been organising Gottman Clinical Training since 2014.
Registration and Fee
- Standard: SGD 1,050
- *Refresher: SGD 500
- PCG [SG/PR]: SGD 690
- PCG [WP/EP/SP] SGD 787.50
- For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Refresher courses are not applicable for PCG funding
Important points to note
- If you opted for VCF (now known as PCG) when you registered for this training, kindly note that an email from email@example.com will be sent to you within 1 – 3 business days. Do respond with the requested information ASAP as we will require compulsory details from you to apply for the grant on your behalf.
- Your registration will not be confirmed until you have made full payment of your selected level/s within 14 days of your invoice date. We will release the spot if payment is not received on time.
- No online training videos by Drs John & Julie Gottman and digital manual(s) will be provided for refresher participants.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your past Gottman Certificate(s) that corresponds with the refresher level(s) you registered for.
- Registration will close on Monday, 2 October 2023.
- Prices stated here are in Singapore Dollars.
PROFESSIONAL CAPABILITY GRANT (PCG)
[Previously: VWO Charities Capability Funding (VCF)]
PCG funding is for eligible staff/volunteers from NCSS member Agencies and MSF-funded Agencies.
IMPORTANT: Please note that PCG funding spaces are limited.
After registration, you will receive an email with an attached invoice with more payment details. From there, you may choose to pay via Bank Transfer, Paypal, or cheque.
Cancellations and Refund policy
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis, and confirmed only after full payment has been received. After receipt of payment, a registration confirmation email will be sent. If no payment is received, the registration is considered null.
- If you cancel your confirmed registration within 14 days from the start of the workshop, no refund will be given. In the event of an unexpected illness and/or emergencies, we may at our full discretion, consider providing a partial refund upon the production of a medical certificate or other supporting documents as we may deem necessary.