Scaffold upon Level 1, the Level 2 clinical training further explores and expands on the professional clinical skills and techniques for working with couples During the three-day training, participants would learn to internalise and integrate the research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques through group role plays and active discussions in order to become more competent in using them.
This training is held over Zoom with a trainer conducting the course in real time.
Access online training videos by Drs John & Julie Gottman and digital manual(s), which you can retain and review at your own pace.
Attain a Level 2 certificate of completion from The Gottman Institute once you complete the required assessment of knowledge at the end of each level.
Meet, learn, and share experiences with like-minded professionals and counsellors.
In this four-day workshop, clinicians will learn to:
- Assess a couple’s ‘Friendship Profile’, ‘Conflict Profile’, and ‘Shared Meanings Profile’
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the ‘Four Horsemen’
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes changing the ‘Attack/Defend System’ in couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing a dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their ‘Friendship System’ with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help coupes create a shared system of values and meaning
- Using Gottman assessments and interventions, identify five different co-morbidities common to couples
Who Should Attend
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couple therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Registrants signing up for the Level 2 workshop must have completed the Gottman Couples Therapy Level 1 workshop
EMCC is The Gottman Institute’s official partner in Singapore and has been organising Gottman Clinical Training since 2014.
Registration and Fee
- Standard: SGD 1,600
- *Refresher: SGD 800
- PCG [SG/PR]: SGD 1,000
- PCG [WP/EP/SP] SGD 1,200
- For enquiries, please email email@example.com
*Refresher courses are not applicable for PCG funding
Important points to note
- If you opted for VCF (now known as PCG) when you registered for this training, kindly note that an email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to you within 1 – 3 business days. Do respond with the requested information ASAP as we will require compulsory details from you to apply for the grant on your behalf.
- Your registration will not be confirmed until you have made full payment of your selected level/s within 14 days of your invoice date. We will release the spot if payment is not received on time.
- No online training videos by Drs John & Julie Gottman and digital manual(s) will be provided for refresher participants.
- Please email email@example.com your past Gottman Certificate(s) that corresponds with the refresher level(s) you registered for.
- Registration will close on Monday, 23 October 2023.
- Prices stated here are in Singapore Dollars
PROFESSIONAL CAPABILITY GRANT (PCG)
[Previously: VWO Charities Capability Funding (VCF)]
PCG funding is for eligible staff/volunteers from NCSS member Agencies and MSF-funded Agencies.
IMPORTANT: Please note that PCG funding spaces are limited.
After registration, you will receive an email with an attached invoice with more payment details. From there, you may choose to pay via Bank Transfer, Paypal, or cheque.
Cancellations and Refund policy
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis, and confirmed only after full payment has been received. After receipt of payment, a registration confirmation email will be sent. If no payment is received, the registration is considered null.
- If you cancel your confirmed registration within 14 days from the start of the workshop, no refund will be given. In the event of an unexpected illness and/or emergencies, we may at our full discretion, consider providing a partial refund upon the production of a medical certificate or other supporting documents as we may deem necessary.